Upgrade to Dynamics 365 from Salesforce.com
Why clients are changing from Salesforce.com vs. Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Sales & Service
Endeavour has helped a number of clients replace their Salesforce.com CRM with the latest in Dynamics 356 for Sales Enterprise. We have specialized tools to help accelerate the migration of data and out skilled Microsoft CRM consultants with ensure that your transition is smooth and backed by a GREAT design.
- Didn’t really have a partner to help deploy
- Were over-sold with a vision that could not be delivered
- Cloud NOT get Outlook and Salesforce to connect (Dynamics 365 is unmatched in this regard)
- Was concerned with the USA hosting vs Microsoft Canadian option
- Were not able to get the reports, analytics and time savings that were promised
An example of recent innovation
Endeavour and Microsoft Value Prop
- Connected to One-Microsoft: An unmatched connection into Outlook 365, Exchange online and Office 365
- Embedded intelligence: Gain instant access to PowerBI analytics, built-in predicative AI and AI recommendations for relationship health, opportunity and lead scoring, email tone, trends and speech.
- Built as an integrated platform: Using the Common Data Service allowing for ease of creating reports and integrating systems. Expand functions and customizations with PowerApps
- Enterprise Grade: A full platform for mobile, security, performance, connectivity – all included. Able to handle multiple complex sales or customer service paths with ease.
- Proven to be a lower TCO – There are no hidden costs, Microsoft has transparent pricing, and there is no metering for API usage in CRM
- Microsoft is playing to Win – Microsoft is continuing to make massive investments in R&D, IoT, PowerApps, LinkedIn, Virtual Agents, and exciting features with each bi-annual release. At Microsoft it isn’t enough to simply aim for user adoption of Dynamics 365, they want users to “Love it” and be “more productive”.
With Endeavour Solutions, clients have enjoyed working with a top Microsoft Gold partner who understands their needs and works within realistic expectations, spending time to educate clients on the cost/benefits of different strategies, approaches and related best practices.
Get a quote for migrating from Salesforce to Microsoft.
5-step plan for migrating from Salesforce.com to Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM)
1) Understand what you have now, what you like, and what works
- Within your current CRM which fields do you use within Accounts, Contacts and Opportunities?
- Which reports have you used in the past 6 months?
- Are you using any portal functions, embedded web forms or workflow processes?
- Are you using any e-mail Marketing? If so, which queries or reports are they based on?
- As you look through these items, what is falling short, what is on your wish list?
- Via the Endeavour CRM Healthcheck, we can help to evaluate any specialized configurations or custom development, and set a roadmap to meeting your goals.
2) Take Screen Shots
- Having screen shots of the main screens (or even ALL screens) will not only help the Endeavour CRM migration team, but can also be repurposed for end-user training materials to help them compare before and after scenarios.
- Open up key reports and select Edit, take a screenshot of the queries that are used to build these reports. Although reports cannot be migrated from one platform to another, the business logic and queries are typically fairly easy to capture and recreate.
3) Confirm contract end-dates
- Salesforce tries hard to lock its customers into multi-year contracts and will often offer a special promotion for a discount, which also includes a contract extension. Some clients are unaware of these extensions.
- There are typically hefty penalties for trying to break a contract, some as high as the cost to associated with buying out the remainder of the contract term. Be careful to watch these dates. From a migration standpoint it is best to have a month or two overlap between systems to ensure testing and migration of business logic and functions can be performed and compared before your cut-over to your new Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM system.
4) Work with Endeavour to acquire the best mix of Microsoft licenses
- Endeavour can work with you to determine the right-fit of Microsoft Dynamics 365 licenses to meet your current and future needs. Pricing and licensing options can range as much as +/- 50% so its important to work with a professional firm who has your best interests in mind.
- Microsoft's new pricing structure for Microsoft Dynamics 365 splits out various modules and applications by key business function. Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Field Service, HR recruiting, Project Management and Accounting/ERRP are each separate applications, but can be bundled together.
- There are also specialized bundles with Microsoft Office 365 (email, calendar, Office) and PowerBI that may be available to help reduce your annual CRM subscription costs.
5) Include End-user training and Change Management in your project scope
- Migrating from Salesforce.com to Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM is essentially a fresh implementation of one system and an export/import of data from one system to the next.
- With this, user adoption of your new Microsoft CRM will be critical to your project success. Not only a focus on old-vs-new will be needed, but also a building a clear understanding of the business processes and performance expectations. CRM Training materials that include "why" and "what's in it for me" for the end users are as equality important as the "how to" use their new Microsoft CRM.
- Learn more about our focus on CRM adoption and CRM Training
Client Examples - Salesforce.com to Microsoft Dynamics 365
Financial Services Firm
- Old CRM was over promised and under delivered
- Frustrated with escalating contract costs and hidden support fees
- Wanted to implement simple workflow and productivity tools, but required a higher plan and costly services quote.
- Their CRM was never really implemented properly and the work was done by staff that can no longer be found. They wanted a partner they could trust, they liked Endeavour and the Microsoft value prop.
- Could not connect Salesforce with Outlook in a consistent and effective manner for email and calendar tracking. Outlook 365 has a very strong and stable plug-in for embedded productivity.
- Previous Sales Leader tried to implement a system that didn’t fit their needs.
- Endeavour’s CRM HealthCheck assessment set out a simple and achievable set of goals
- Wanted a Canadian partner who would be around in future years for support